The application deadline for 2023 has passed. Please consider applying next year.
This is an award given to a son or daughter whose parent is a member in good standing of the Indiana Officials Association, Inc. The parent/guardian of the applicant must have been a member in good standing of the IOA for three consecutive years prior to the application date. Under an extenuating circumstance the committee may waive this requirement. An applicant should display the characteristics that an official must exemplify; such as devotion, responsibility, cooperation, understanding, enthusiasm, honesty, integrity, and a sense of humor.
This application may be completed by the student before notification of acceptance to a post-secondary educational or vocational program.
1. Applicants must be a senior in high school who ranks in the upper 25% of his/her class or a college undergraduate who has a B (3.0) average or higher.
2. An official transcript of grades must be included with the application, which includes the first seven semesters of high school and class rank or the most recent fall semester of college.
3. Applicants must be making definite plans to further their education in their chosen field.
4. Applicants must meet necessary entrance requirements in the institution of their choice (proper credits, etc.)
5. An applicant can win the scholarship only once.
6. The parent/guardian of the applicant must have been a member in good standing of the IOA for three consecutive years prior to the application date.
If chosen for the scholarship a check will be made payable to the Registrar of the applicant’s institution where they have been accepted. A student ID number, and information as to where to send the Scholarship, must be obtained by the applicant before scholarship money can be distributed. It is imperative that your application be completed with no omissions of any part of the application requirements.